God's Love Is . . . .
Loving God and writing songs go together naturally for me. So when I heard about a feature film project (called Indescribable) happening this summer depicting the history of the writing of the hymn, The Love of God, I got excited!
I contacted Morning Star Productions and sent in an crew application as well as an audition for a role. I haven't heard back about a part yet, but they did call and ask me to serve on the crew as the 2nd Assistant Director. The catch: now I didn't know if my schedule even allowed for it. I already had a speaking engagement at a film workshop on June 25th, and the film shoot was going to be starting on the 20th. So I prayed and gave it over to God.
Just a few weeks later, I was informed that due to equipment availability, the beginning of production was being delayed until the 28th! Just last week I confirmed with the director, Stacie Graber, that I would indeed be able to join the production team. I actually met her last fall here in VA when we worked together on a feature film called Alone Yet Not Alone.
This will be a huge learning curve for me, but also an excellent opportunity to help teach others what I do know, as there will be many young people helping on the crew who are new to the film scene. I would appreciate your prayers on several fronts:
1. Travel logistics. The shooting location is in southern Texas, so I'll probably be flying. Please pray for good prices, a smooth trip, and wisdom when I'm packing.
2. Job research. Understanding what my position will entail, and preparing to do that effectively.
3. Overall health and stamina. That my rest both leading up to and during that time would be sufficient and of good quality, so that my energy levels are high. Also that my eyesight holds up well to the amount of "screen time" necessary.
4. Priorities. That my other responsibilities would not overwhelm me so much that I wouldn't have time and energy to prepare for this. And vice-versa....
5. Relationships. That I would be able to work really well with the rest of the team, and be a blessing there.
To learn more about the film project, visit Indescribable! There is also a teaser trailer for it on the website.
Here is the third verse from the hymn:
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole though spread from sky to sky
What exquisite imagery! As indescribable as God's love is, it sure is a joy to try more and more ways of putting words to it. It's beyond anything we could even hope to fully comprehend, yet the adventure of diving into its depths is not to be missed.